Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Templar Paper Watch Project

Recently I had the opportunity to become involved with Templar's Paperwatch project. It was a grand plan to get a bunch of illustrators together to draw, paint, scribble, stick on paper watches which would then be auctioned off to raise money for Breast Cancer Care 

There are some super talented illustrators in the bunch. I was especially excited to see that Shaun Tan had done a watch as he is one of my all time favourites. 

You can see my process below. I'd been asked to stick an Iron Giant on my watch and I was only too happy to oblige. 

First step was to figure out how the Iron Giant would fit on the watch and the colour palette. I eventually chose the one with the robots head on the clock face. 

Then the actual watch showed up and after freaking out a little I got down to the job. I hadn't painted anything with an actual paintbrush for over a year so was slightly nervous before starting. Here are some pictures of the different stages! 



And the final thing!


Packaged and all set to go with it's own special envelope. 


I'm quite happy with how it turned out. What do you think? 

You can find the paperwatch website here. The auction is happening between 3rd - 10 November so please take a look and bid on your favourite watch! It's for a very good cause and you get a unique piece of art by a fabulous illustrator in return. 


No comments:

Post a Comment